Wednesday, July 7, 2010

Christmas in July


Welcome to The INKlings’ Team’s Christmas in July Blog Hop. You may have arrived here from Amy Anderson's blog or just be visiting my blog, whichever way once you’ve checked out my creations you can continue the hop through the link at the end of this post to the next team member.


How quickly is this year going! Have you started to think about your Christmas cards and projects yet? The INKlings team has and we thought that this month was the perfect time to host a Christmas in July blog hop. You'll find lots of great ideas provided by 17 team members’ fantastic blogs.


Want to win some Blog Candy? Simply leave a comment on each blog and then email Christie Wallace and let her know you’ve done so and you’ll be in the running for a fantastic prize of 17 handmade cards plus other goodies.


Sorry Blog Candy prize not available to SU! demonstrators but you're more than welcome to leave us a comment!


I have three different Christmas cards to share with you. The first is a fun card I've designed with our Canadian family members in mind. They love all things "Aussie".

I've used the Happy Christmas Mate stamp set coloured with markers. The Big Shot Scallop Circle Die helped me create the unusual shape for the card. I folded a 11 inch by 5 1/2 inch piece of card stock in half then placed the fold so that 5 of the scallops were uncovered. The white circle shape was cut using my Circle Scissors.

My next card again uses traditional colours (Real Red and Glorious Green) with some Brushed Gold and gold embossing for elegance.

Poinsettia flowers always remind me of Christmas. Both images on this card are from the set Christ is Born. I used the a green flower for leaves and embossed the words with gold detail embossing powder.

My third card was an attempt to design a Christmas card using non-Christmas stamps.



I used the floral pattern from Vintage Vogue repeatedly to create the wreath shape. The berries and sentiment are from Bella's Bloom.

Well that’s all from me. Next stop on the INKlings’ Team Blog Hop is Divya Rao . Have fun and don't forget to leave a comment on each blog to win some great Blog Candy.

18 comments:

  1. wow!.. love the cards.. my fave is the scalloped circle one.. soo cute! :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love your cards Fiona, especially like the Kangaroo. Might have to case that one.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gorgeous cards. I love the Kangaroo and i also really like the wreath using Vintage Vogue. Well done.

    ReplyDelete
  4. awesome! i have that happy christmas mate set too and will have to case that idea of yours to use it with. thanks for the great inspiration

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love the 'happy christmas mate' card - looks really cute!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful, my fave is scallop circle.
    Rach:)

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love the Vintage Vogue card - I can feel a CASE coming on! :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love the round card! Lovely, will be great for the rellos overseas!

    ReplyDelete
  9. The round card is great - would stand out so much more when with all the other Christmas cards - and the kangaroo is very cute!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Love your cards Fiona! Love how you've used non-Christmas stamps in the last one!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Really like the "Happy Christmas Mate" card, I loce that stamp set :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Great idea with the Vintage Vogue vine to make a wreath, I will pinch that idea for sure! ;)
    Very cute scallop circle card too, your rellies will love it!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Round cards are so effective - I Love it.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Love your ideas, will have to pinch your wreath card idea!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Cool ideas and like Alison said, I'm also going to 'borrow' your wreath idea.

    ReplyDelete
  16. hi Fiona

    I received your beautiful cards in the mail. Thank you so much. I really appreciate them & all the effort that went into them
    Kylea

    ReplyDelete